RE5 to PC in 3D

Hmm, I'm pretty sure the DX10 version is intended for 3D glasses. For instance, the fibers in the shirt stand out more, likely to give an effect with the 3d glasses. I'm sure I read it somewhere.

Either way, DX10 does look a TAD better whether a person uses the glasses or not.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

All 3D glasses will cause headaches and all sorts of weirdness, the brain is just not equipped to handle that kind of abuse.

And this is the kind of 3D where it renders two images(lefteye, righteye) interlaced over the screen and the goggles filter out the one your eye is not supposed to see? Thats headache central alright, but it can get kind of interesting I suppose. It takes a lot of performance though since your graphics card needs to render two images at the same time.

interlaced_3d.jpg

example of stereoscopic interlaced image

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I thought the RE4 PC port was pretty good. The most lacking aspect of the game is probably parts of the story anyway.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

How in the world was it good? The only good part of it was that it was fairly stable (for me anyway, it didn't crash) and the actual game was so good it made up for the horrible port job.

Its kind of funny, but Leon S. Kennedy seems to be a jynx for ports. The first RE ported to PC was good (Chris & Jill), the second had serious unfixable save issues (Leon & Claire), the third was again a good stable port (Jill), 4 was a terrible port (Leon) & now it looks like 5 will be a good port.

That or maybe Capcom doesn't like even numbers. :)

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

A lot of times, they will outsource the conversion to some dodgy asian/eastern europe outfit that will only do whats absolutely essential to make it run on windows.

Precisely what happened with RE4 PC version. I remember reading it was outsourced to some unknown chinese firm and the end result didn't support mouse controls or bloom effects.

Putting mouse control in a console shooter makes it way to easy. I can't tell you how easy GTA 4 became once I played it on PC, headshots everywhere.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."