GDC experimental games

Purkake

There were some really interesting games/concepts at the GDC experimental games session. Here's the Gamasutra article.

What really caught my eye was the strategy game where you could travel back and forward in time, destroying enemies before they are created and creating crazy paradoxes. It's called Achron and it's still in alpha, but they have some pretty interesting videos up on their website, check it out.

Sounds a bit like Save and Restore to me. :sorcerer:

More seriously, yes, it sounds like a fascinating idea, but you need a team like the one behind Portal to make it true to its potential and at the same time accessible and easy to learn. It sounds fiendishly complicated and rather unintuitive from that write-up.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Sounds a bit like Save and Restore to me. :sorcerer:

More seriously, yes, it sounds like a fascinating idea, but you need a team like the one behind Portal to make it true to its potential and at the same time accessible and easy to learn. It sounds fiendishly complicated and rather unintuitive from that write-up.

I agree, the game itself doesn't look all that great, but the idea and the technology are awesome. Maybe someone will buy them out and incorporate the technology into a good RTS, something like Sins of the Solar Empire...

• 2 months later...