Installing starwars: Knights of the old Republic: Sith Lords

Was going insall star wars Knights of the old Republic: Sith Lords on my Windows XP Pro ed. But on first disk got a cycle reduncy error on the data cab2, it looked tobe at the point of downloading someting fromthe sounds. can anybody solve this for me, Thank you

Moved to the appropriate forum.

A CRC error may not have a noticeable impact on your game; did you try choosing 'Ignore' and continuing with the installation?

Otherwise, are you installing from a CD, and if so, is it fairly worn? Scratched CDs or bad backups of setup files can give you CRC errors, afaik.

A CRC error may not have a noticeable impact on your game; did you try choosing 'Ignore' and continuing with the installation?

Otherwise, are you installing from a CD, and if so, is it fairly worn? Scratched CDs or bad backups of setup files can give you CRC errors, afaik.

No, I did not, and you are right it is worn, the play disk that is, I will try it.

No, I did not, and you are right it is worn, the play disk that is, I will try it.

Well, the error report box didn't give the option of a 'Ignore' just 'Ok. tried clean the disk, stutting some running programs and my anti-virus scanners, and running a cleaning disk to clean the cd drive lens, but the same thing happans just as the disk is installing d/swkotor/data/sounds.tif guess I just have to forget the game.