Graphic/Model Error or Glitch

I'm having some weird model drawing on the title screen and in the rest of the game. I've tried _everything_, sort of uninstalling and installing different version of ATI Cat and drivers program. Right now im using Catalyst 8.12/Display Drivers v8.56. I'll post some pictures to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.

K2_00000.jpg

K2_00004.jpg

had some trouble taking screenshots in game. was pressing the hell out of printscreen but nothing saved. pasted images kame out black and no .TGA images were in the game file. If i get those to work I'll post them

I'm running on Windows Vista I think either DX 9.0c or DX10. DXDIAG said DX10 but im pretty sure I installed and have DX9.0c drivers installed. Anyway, kan anyone help? Im guessing this is just a draw error?

Well, if you had DX10 and then installed DX9.0c, that might have caused the problem. You might want to try uninstalling DX10/9.0c and then re-installing DX10 (that should work with 9.0c games without any problems).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

• 3 weeks later...

I had the very same error. I was using an OnBoard Radeon X1200 and swapped for a Radeon HD 4350 and it seems to be working. I still have DX 9.0c but I did reinstall the latest drivers and CCC.

I think someone else was having a similar issue and was using a Radeon X600. I'm of the opinion this game hates OnBoard chipset video display.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I'm having the very same error both with KotOR 1 and 2, using Radeon X1200 with latest drivers and everything. Anyone having an idea solving this problem? Changing graphic card is unfortunately not an option.

Thanks in advance