LA Noire

Maria Caliban

How long before you think the PC version will be released?

Same day Red Dead comes out on PC.

Actually unlike RDR the game was already rated for PC by ESRB.

Since that is exactly how news of gta4 and bully ports leaked the chances are somewhat better.

Good to know. I'd prefer a port of Red Dead myself.

Buying consoles for games you are interested in will end up with strengthening their power of holding control on the game makers...I wonder why some people can get so emotional on the net about the console dominance while they keep buying them, supporting their power. :lol: Well, in my case, though, I simply don't play game enough for devices only for leisure, though.

Buying consoles for games you are interested in will end up with strengthening their power of holding control on the game makers...I wonder why some people can get so emotional on the net about the console dominance while they keep buying them, supporting their power. :lol: Well, in my case, though, I simply don't play game enough for devices only for leisure, though.

Only one small reason why consoles have become dominant lately.

Because DRM drove me out of the PC market. They treated the legal customers like the criminals, and the criminals were let to have free reign.

I still play PC games, just not ones which have DRM. So I play mostly on the PS3 these days...it doesn't have to be hooked up to the internet just to let me play a game.

I'd go back to PC as my main game platform in an instant if a majority of games started coming out without requiring internet to play (that includes the stupid authentications, buying a disk just to have to d/l the game anyways...etc.).

I'm not an MMORPG player...don't like being treated like one.

I wonder if its small but even if it were small, it would get bigger when piled up with numbers...but its your choice after all.

Well, here are a number of reasons I got a 360:

-DRM, like Greylord. Atari holding back of Mysteries of Westgate after it was finished for a year so they could test DRM on it was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.

-My PC was getting old. Upgrading a PC is expensive. I had spent a long time and a lot of money building a KILLER PC. It was becoming outdated quickly and it made me depressed that my once killer gaming rig was obsolete.

-Almost all of the PC games I was playing were console ports. Often bad ones. Almost all of the PC only releases were in genres I wasn't as interested in, like RTS.

-There are some genuinely amazing games that just don't make it to PC. Indeed part of the reason may be to try and get people to buy a console, but other factors like developer fear of piracy can lead them to keeping a game on console.

As for the argument against getting a console because it 'supports developers keeping certain games on consoles', you can avoid this issue by picking up a console on eBay and then purchasing a used copy of a game at GameStop or also on eBay.

My 360 is going to get a bit less attention lately because I just upgraded my PC (er more like completely built a new one. Only thing remaining of the old build is the case) into a killer modern machine. I plan on getting Dungeon Siege 3 on my 360. I tried the demo on both 360 & PC and the controls are just awkward on the PC but it feels natural on 360. I did however change my Rage preorder from 360 to PC. Some games are better on console and some are better on PC.