Problems with my sound!

I have Vista the proffesional one i think, and i have had Kotor 2 since it came out for PC, i have got the Vista on a brand new 2008 mac so all the systems are new! But when i start up the game it won't open and windows tells me that the game has stopped working and it is trying to find a solution! However when i went into "configuration" and turned on "disable sound" the game then works, but if i "scan hardware", i seem to meet all the system requirements for my sound. It says it's completly fine! Although it says my graphics card fails but my graphics card is: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS, which i believe the game should work fine on! im really confused and don't know whats wrong! It's also so annoying playing the game with no sound!! Heres my system info:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 10/4/2008, 20:29:57

Machine name: JOSEPH-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista

Edited by Joseph

It's a Vista issue. Vista changed the way that programs interface with soundcards/audio drivers, and this borks some pre-Vista games, like KOTOR 2 (but, oddly enough, not KOTOR 1). Some audio drivers still work with the game, but others give you no sound at all.

I also have Realtek audio drivers with Vista, and I also get no sound when I try to run the game on my desktop. (Fortunately, I also have an older XP laptop that can run it on minimum settings.)

It's a Vista issue. Vista changed the way that programs interface with soundcards/audio drivers, and this borks some pre-Vista games, like KOTOR 2 (but, oddly enough, not KOTOR 1). Some audio drivers still work with the game, but others give you no sound at all.

I also have Realtek audio drivers with Vista, and I also get no sound when I try to run the game on my desktop. (Fortunately, I also have an older XP laptop that can run it on minimum settings.)

thank you, at least i know its now not something wrong with my computer its just stupid vista and the game not being ompatable, thanks for that im probably going to just go and buy it for my xbox! Again thank you its much appreciated!