Installation Error

Hey guys, I've tried reinstalling KOTOR2 three times now and every time I do I go to run the game and it says "The game does not seem to be properly installed. Please reinstall or restore the installation". Everything seems fine through the installation, no problems at all. Thanks for any help.

Windows XP Pro

Okay, I'll check that out. I installed it on the laptop. First time I tried it came up with an error, second time it installed fine. Tried it on my other computer right after and I still get the same problem. I have noticed my CD and DVD drives have been acting kinda weird after installing the a new motherboard though. Sometimes they won't autoplay, sometimes they'll quit reading a CD/DVD, they just seem like they aren't performing the way they should. I tried 3 different drives and they all give me the same problem. I'll have to check cables and connections I guess.

Okay. So I tried a few different things, and eventually tried copying the exe of KOTOR from the CD to the KOTOR folder. Ran the exe and the game started! BUT...I have no text? No menu text or subtitles during videos. Game ones completely smooth with maxed graphics (I knew what the menu was cause the laptop displayed the menu text). Anybody have any ideas on this one? lol

Update:

Well, I copied a file called dialog.tlk from the CD to the KOTOR folder. Now I got text! I'm installing the patch 1.0b right now. Although it too gave me an error saying I was missing a file, it was manual.pdf. I found the file on the CD and copied it to the main directory...but I don't know where it's suppose to be. Hopefully it works where I put it though.

Edited by jsimonye