NPC Banter

I'm planning to replay TSL after a long hiatus. For me, one of the reasons to replay games like this (KotOR and Baldur's Gate II come to mind) is the inter-party banter and dialog that comes up depending on who's travelling in your party.

Playing through the first time, as a LS Sentinel/Watchman, I tended to travel with Kreia and Handmaiden. I also would use Atton on occasion. Bao-Dur, Visas, etc., tended to stay on the Hawk. Atton and Kreia seemed pretty talkative, Handmaiden not so much (although my memory may be fuzzy). From KotOR I know that HK-47 probably has the best/funniest lines, so I might use him when I get around to playing DS.

Which party members add the most dialog (this may vary from planet to planet)?

Which party members are more likely to banter when teamed up?

Which members are the quietest/most boring?

Any hints/comments are appreciated.

:)

I think everyone gets about the same amount of chatting going on, however some NPCs, due to story lines being reduced, might have less. Not sure.

All NPCs however will react to over the top actions, such as butchering a load of defenseless people or saving someone else, gaining or losing you influence points.

I think everyone gets about the same amount of chatting going on, however some NPCs, due to story lines being reduced, might have less. Not sure.

It's just that in KotOR I, some of the party NPCs got shorted in the banter/dialog department. Carth and Bastila would often interject into conversations, but take Juhani or T3 with you, and most of the time you'd hardly know they're there.

I'm wondering if it's the same in TSL. Granted, I haven't played enough to say for sure, but it looks like Bao-Dur, for example, has much less to say during your travels than Kreia or Atton.

Also, IIRC I can't remember much inter-party banter in TSL--i.e. two party members having a conversation/argument between themselves, separate from other NPC encounters. This happened several times in KotOR I. Did I just not have the right pairings?

Again, any help/hints would be appreciated.

:lol:

You benefit from taking each NPC around the area where you first meet them (if available). For example, as soon as you meet Bao-Dur, keep him and ditch either Atton or Kreia. Other than that, I guess Kreia usually has a lot to say, but it's generally rather random and never really concerned me, because I was always planning to play several times through and knew I'd encounter most of the dialogue at some point or other.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)