Related question to my last topic

Arkan

So, as I mentioned, my lapton is no longer function...sort of.

A while ago, my monitor started becoming distorted, almost pixelated. It resembled the effect that a computer virus would have on a computer in a Hollywood movie...just looked really bizarre, then it stopped responding. I could still to a hard power off, but when I tried to turn it back on, the screen slowly turned a light gray-ish color and didn't do anything else.

After a while (a week or so). I turned it back on again, to see what would happen. To my surprise, it booted up perfectly. I took this opportunity to transfer important files to a flash drive. But after about 5 minutes, it had the same problem. I've done this several times, slowly getting all my data. Then I noticed something. The fan does not come on at all. Could this be the problem? The machine is overheating, maybe? Does this sound like the symptoms of such? What else could it be? I could easily replace the fan for about $20, so, that would be a good alternative.

Thanks in advance.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Yes, weird graphic artifacts is one of the signs of an over-heating GPU. But I've never heard of such an extreme case as yours.. It usually crashes way before anything that serious happens.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Replace the fan and also get a cooling pad for your laptop so you can transfer the files. You may have already damaged your CPU with the overheating, so you might want to get that checked out as well.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"