Is this mod possible?

Can anyone do this and would they spend the time to?

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: I'm actually learning how to mod KotOR I...its pretty cool

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: niiice

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: get good enuff to make somethin worthy?

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: lol

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: heh

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: that will take awhile

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: what ima do is make a mod where the game doesnt end after you beat Malak

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: lol make me a academy to train bounty hunters lol

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: thats possible

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: thatd be pretty cool

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: i could teach them my ways lol

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: for realz?

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: its possible?

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: yeah you can basically make anything with the right tools

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: lol make me able to destroy planets and conquer the universe lol

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: thats pushing it a bit..

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: galaxy map would need to be a bit...larger

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: make space combat so i can fly the ebon hawk lol

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: make some planets that I can conquer lol

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: ^ thats what I want to do

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: make me hear their screams when I blow it with my death star type ship lol

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: after you defeat Malak and regain title of Dark Lord, you can go back to each planet and conquer it

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: and then I would add more planets with additional sidequests

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: ya lol

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: can u do that?

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: my skill isnt at that level yet...but yeah

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: lol get a team of modders together lol

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: dude that Brotherhood of Shadow mod was made by one guy

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: ok let me put it this way, what CAN you do?

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: module editing

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: meaning?

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: specific areas

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: like a cantina

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: thats awesome

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: yep

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: make me a cantina, so i can play pazackk

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: and make me a gangster so I can put bounties on peoples heads

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: is it possible?

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: yeah just gotta edit the dialogue and script files

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: am i able to put bounties on peoples heads?

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: for realz?

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: mmmhmm

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: for real dude?

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: omg i will seriously pay you 100$ if u do that

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: im not that good enough yet lol

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: make me so i can put bounties on any1s head for a certain reward

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: ask around to see if u can do it

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: you can do it...I know it...just takes some editing

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: who said its possible? i wanna know for sure.....i will pay some1 to do it lol

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: i said its possible because with the scripts you can make anything happen in the game

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: ok, list in detail what it would be like to put bounties on any1s head

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: and like, have me train my own set of bounty hunters to kill any1 i wanted

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: like how would I mod that or how what would happen in game?

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: how would it go down in the game

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: basically you just go tell the guy to kill somebody and he does it...the next time you try looking for the guy you wanted dead he wont be there

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: or if your a really good modder, you can make a cutscene happen showing it

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: with dialogue and everything

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: I wont see the guy killin some1?

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: oh

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: i c

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: yep

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: will i be able to hire bounty hunters?

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: yeah you'd find the bounty hunter you want to hire, negotiate a bit, then he'd agree to your deal and go kill someone or go to your training academy

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: and stay there

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: THATS FRIKIN AWESOME

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: make me a pimpin crib

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: ill try..lol

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: are u able to make it so i can decorate my house? lol sorry im thinkin to much swg....

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: i proly wont tho right?> lol

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: limited amount of items you could...

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: plz cpl gibson, your are only hope for something original and pimpin lol

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: lol

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: you can decorate a couple things...not much

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: ah

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: it wouldnt be anywhere near the scale of SWG

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: but yeah your bounty hunter thing is definately possible

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: can u make me an academy? lol and make me able to bring around some lackies with me to take out some rival gangsters? lol and have them try and gang bang me randomly to try and kill me?

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: yeah you could bring 2 around (would take character slots) and yeah they can try to kill you randomly

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: I mean I get two guys with me, they are my bodyguards, and have some other rival gangster always randomly try and attack me

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: and they have their own base too

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: and they randomly try and attack my base

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: and i have to defend it

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: thatd be friken awesome nonstop action

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: that kind of happens already in game when Malak sends various people after you

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: so yeah

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: so i have my gangster base, my rival has his, i can command attacks on his base, and he can attack mine, and its nonstop until I kill the main leader who just defends his room with heavy

security? and if i kill him i get a buncha credits and cool gear

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: thatd be awesome wouldnt it?

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: you mean like all of that is happening at the same time?

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: your no changing areas or anything?

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: what ya mean?

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: "and its nonstop"

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: i mean that the fighting goes on until I kill his main leader that sits at his base under heavy security

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: yeah I guess, would take some serious scripting

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: but he respawns his guys when u reactivate it at a terminal or somethin weird liek that

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: thatd be friken awesome

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: id pay for some1 to do that lol

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: yeah GL with that

CPL-R.Gibson[75thR]: the crap you wants takes awhile lol

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: get a team of modders

SPC-Reynolds[75thR]: but wouldnt it be friken awesome?

While the modification might be possible, I, as a semi-experienced modder of several other games, doubt that you will be able to bring a team together until you can actually contribute to your own project. People come up with all sorts of outlandish ideas and post them hither and yon, but almost all of them never become anything more than a wild speculation - let alone a usable mod. You are proposing a full-conversion modification, something that would require a tremendous amount of effort, and it is nearly impossible without a dedicated staff of experienced modders - something you do not have, nor are you likely to gather one. I recommend that you learn about the Kot0R tools that are available and start your mod, as that is the best way to convince people that you are serious about the project.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

While the modification might be possible, I, as a semi-experienced modder of several other games, doubt that you will be able to bring a team together until you can actually contribute to your own project. People come up with all sorts of outlandish ideas and post them hither and yon, but almost all of them never become anything more than a wild speculation - let alone a usable mod. You are proposing a full-conversion modification, something that would require a tremendous amount of effort, and it is nearly impossible without a dedicated staff of experienced modders - something you do not have, nor are you likely to gather one. I recommend that you learn about the Kot0R tools that are available and start your mod, as that is the best way to convince people that you are serious about the project.

Thank you very much. I will do my best. Even if it takes me forever I will make it happen. Thanks for your reply.

Thanks. I am having me and a friend brainstorm some ideas and things. Im starting to learn and do the tutorials....hopefully I'll be putting this into action soon.

Anyone is welcome to help and give ideas and contributions....it would be cool. First im trying to figure a name for the project.

Again, here's the basics of what im trying to do:

- Academy/training facility where I can train assassins/bounty hunters

- Put bounties on certain people's heads

- Have rival gang academy

- Rival gang randomly tries to assassinate me

- I get security guards

- Ability to conquer rival gangs base by killing their leader (whose guarded by heavy security)

- Have nonstop action by the rival gang randomly trying to attack my academy

- Another possibility would be have multiple gang academies and you can decide which one you want to join

- Each one has their own academy

- Be able to recruit people for your academy

I really am passionate about this mod. Even if I take an attempt and do really really bad, I really want to try and do this anyways.

I am learning about some of these mods and area editing tools and all that. Any links to tutorials about area editing and all that. I would really appreciate it!

Alright. After a few tutorials and some playing around. I got a little basics.....I wanted to play around with it now by copying the mandalorine academy in that jungle and placing it on another planet, (not getting rid of the original, just copying it and placing the copy on another planet)

Am I able to do that? And is there any tutorial like that, that could show me how to do that?

Or do any of you guys have any basic instructions on how to do it?

(I have the kotor tool)

Alright. After a few tutorials and some playing around. I got a little basics.....I wanted to play around with it now by copying the mandalorine academy in that jungle and placing it on another planet, (not getting rid of the original, just copying it and placing the copy on another planet)

Am I able to do that? And is there any tutorial like that, that could show me how to do that?

Or do any of you guys have any basic instructions on how to do it?

(I have the kotor tool)

I'm not necessarily trying to be a defeatist jackass, but as others in the thread have mentioned, the scope of the mod you're talking about is almost certainly beyond the realm of anybody that's not, say, Obsidian or Bioware. Hell, the TSL Restoration Project guys have been working on their mod since I think shortly before the Kennedy assassination, and last I heard it's not due out until sometime in the late 2020s. And they've got a team, the basic building blocks of what they're trying to do already embedded in the game, etc.