Stuck @ Secret Acadamy on Telos

I've tried everything I restarted the game over but I must not be doing something right. I've played KotOR 2 on Xbox but never on PC. Here's my prob:

So I get off the turbolift at the secret acadamy on Telos after I destroy the 3 assasin droids. I talk to the handmaiden and proceed from there. THe wierd thing is I'm supposed to go release all my party members but Atton & Kreia are already free standing beside me as I get off the turbolift. If I try to talk to Kreia she says nothing. I talk to Atton my convo choices are 1 [CHEAT NODE] Skip to PC confrontation with Atris; 2 [CHEAT NODE] Continue Conversation with Kreia. Well I talk to her and again she says nothing and Atton gives me the same 2 convo options. So when talking to Atris I've tried to be the nice guy and the bad guy but neither works.

Has anyone else had this problem? Let me also add my Ops Sys is Windows Vista.

PLEASE GOD Help!!

This is a common bug. Team Gizka (www.team-gizka.org) has a fix for it. Basically, when you first talk to the handmaidens, you shouldn't give up your weapons straight away, otherwise you get caught in that loop. Use a save from before that part of the game and choose a different option, rather than agreeing and giving them up straight away. Typically the game autosaves just before you enter the secret academy and talk to the handmaidens, so all is not lost.

• 9 months later...

Ive been there and it sucks, what u have to do is re-load the last saved game before you enter the academy, then go and enter the academy again and when the handmaiden tells you to give up your weapons do not immediately say yes, keep the conversation going for a while by saying no over and over and eventually give in. after that a load sequence will come and your friends will be in the cages and not still standing behind you.