Solution to Load Problem in Windows XP

I just purchased KOTOR 2 and could not get it to work on after I installed the update. It would give me a generic Windows crash even before it would access the CD. After a lot of monkeying around, I got it to work by setting it to run in Windows 2000 compatibility mode.

Go to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2

Right click the file swkotor2.exe and select Properties

Then select the Compatibility tab, check the box and select Windows 2000.

I have a brand new Intel Core Duo machine running Windows XP SP2 with all of the latest drivers. My video card is an nVidia GeForce 7600 GT.

Hope this helps some of you who are having problems.

my pc setup is almost identical to yours, except i have the geforce 7600 gs. Same thing happened to me, where the game would crash before even getting to the loading screen, but a re-install of the game fixed the problem. Played through the entire game without a single crash after that.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.