Loading issue/Party won't follow me

Hi,

Congrats on this amazing game by the way, I just discovered it and it's totally sucked me in and I'm not an rpg or a star wars fans to begin with, so good going on doing making an amazing game! I'm facing a few problems at the moment, not sure if it's a game bug or me playing the game wrong, but perhaps someone can clarify a couple things...

a) I've just left Telos and the Secret Academy (still have a few missions on Telos) and gone to Dantooine. After completing a couple missions there, decided to go back to Telos, so I get on the Ebon Hawk.

Visas makes her in-game appearance, I fight her, win her over

, but when I try to exit the Ebon Hawk on Dantooine, the screen goes straight to black, no loading screen or anything. The game doesn't 'hang' like it did before the 1.0b bug-fix after character creation though; I can see the KOTOR mouse cursor and when I hit Alt-F4, the game menu for quiting (warning me of losing my unsaved game data) pops up as if the game is running normal. I lowered all graphics options, removed shadows and grass, but still, the screen goes to black and there doesn't seem to be anything happening (i waited a few minutes to see if it would sort itself out). Interestingly, if I take the ebon hawk back to Telos though, rather than head out on dantooine again, the games loads up fine. I haven't tried other planets yet, but i suspect they load fine.

b) at some point half-way through my current game, i don't know exactly when, but for some time if I selected bao-dur and kreia as my party, they do not follow me unless there is a fight, when they'll rush over, unless the AI gets them stuck somewhere. also, i can't seem to be able to initiate conversations with either of them, unless i select one of them as the leader of the party and use them to initiate conversation with my hero character. this probably wouldn't be much of a problem, but it does get irritating and frustrating when fighting, and there's no way to speak to bao dur on-board the ebon hawk, so making a lightsaber was tricky. this doesn't seem to happen if I have others in my party (

newly acquired Visas, handmaiden, atton or the little droid

)

c) following up on b), I also can't seem to use bao dur to use any workbenches, he simply gets close to them and just stares at them. that kinda sucks because i can't use him to make or repair anything.

My computer is a Dell D820 Latitude laptop, Win XP home ed, 1gb ram, 1.8 core duo processor, intel 945gm graphics chipset and I've patched the game to the latest version (1.0b). I have used the save game editor a couple times, but i don't that's responsible.

Any help would be appreciated. It's a great game and I'd hate to have to start it all over from the beggining without having completed yet!

Hallo, and welcome to the forums. :)

If Bao-Dur and Kreia won't follow you and you can't talk to them, it does sound as though you might have a corrupted game. The first thing to try would be to go back to a saved game before it started happening and see if you can avoid the error, or at least pinpoint the moment when it started.

If you can fly to Telos without Visa's appearance causing any trouble, can you then fly back from Telos to Dantooine and exit without an error? Doing so would have no impact on the course of the game itself, and might get you round this issue.

However, Kotor 2 doesn't tend to like laptops very much. I hope you do find a solution, and if you do, please share it with us. o:)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)