Desperate Cry for help

I got a brand new pc Dual Core with WinXP with Nvidia Geforce 6600 LE card on there and i cant run the game! The game starts but upon showing the menu with Sion on the myst the character doesnt move and the game is slow as hell!!! Whats going on the card as 256 Mb there and everything on dyagnostic shows green!!! Same goes for Kotor 1, but upon game menu the game goes black screen...

Please i runned across the entire net looking for answers! On Kotor forum i got none (as usual) so this goes to the mods of this game and the community! PLEASE HELP ME!

If yours is a new PC then there is a very good chance that the drivers that were pre-loaded are out of date, and if you got the graphics driver on CD with the PC thats probably an older version to. Don't bother trying to use windows own update program, in my experiance its next to useless. The diognostics the game runs don't check to see if the driver is upto date, they just make sure your card has the ability to run the game.

Your best best is to down load the lastest drivers and see if that works, from what you've said I'd guess it should-but don't start shouting at me if it doesn't. The Nvidia page where you can get the drivers is here, at Nvidia drivers The good news is that its easy to find the right driver since all their cards use the same one.

Edited by Darth Mortis

Maybe it is that your Rams are low or loaded, or either its your OpenGL which must be atleast 1.9 but 2.0 is highly recomended or it may be your DirectX.

New Drivers worked at least on kotor 1... gonna try om kotor 2 in few minutes

Maybe it is that your Rams are low or loaded, or either its your OpenGL which must be atleast 1.9 but 2.0 is highly recomended or it may be your DirectX.

New Drivers worked at least on kotor 1... gonna try om kotor 2 in few minutes

Worked in both games, Star Wars Galaxies is way more stable, Battle for Middle Earth 1 e 2 also graphics way sharper (great) All in all you guys saved my life

/bow to all