Problem running game

Hey guys,

Im tryin to run KOTOR 2 on my 2 gig vista pc with a radeon x1650 and a gig of ram. When I go to scan my hardware, it says my nvidia cards drivers are out of date the first time and after that it says it cant retrieve my system config.

:x

I can actually get into the game but its so slow its completely unplayable. A few times it gave me a blue screen and crashed the computer. Any help would really be appreciated.

I wish I could do more to help, but I'm not really technical :sad: .

The first thing you could do is to download the latest Ati drivers from their site, and install them yourself. If you get the same problem, try finding older versions of the driver on the Ati website.

However, it's more likely that the problem is with Vista. I don't know if Kotor2 is officially supported on Vista yet, or if many people have got it running. So far, not many people have played under Vista and reported problems here, so we don't have much of a knowledge database. It might be a matter of waiting until Vista or the drivers are tweaked to work properly.

If you do manage to find a solution, please post here again and let us know what it is. We're rather short of Vista fixes, and it's going to be a growth area, I think. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The first thing you could do is to download the latest Ati drivers from their site, and install them yourself. If you get the same problem, try finding older versions of the driver on the Ati website.

Its worth noting that the drivers that come with graphics cards are, in my experience, never the latest versions(In one case the drivers that came with a 'new' graphics card of mine turned out to be three years out of date). Along the same lines if the PC you have is a new one chances are the drivers will either be the defalt windows drivers or come from an older CD. It might just be my computer but the windows update functions are as helpful as a chocolate Yoda and never seem to realise that the drivers are years out of date. If you put Vista onto your old PC it could be that its just having problems with whatever drivers used to be on your old PC-I had this problem going from Win 98 to Win XP. In any case downloading the latest drivers is worth it-even if it seems you have the latest drivers downloading and re-installing the drivers will cost you nothing but time. Sometimes the drivers can become incorrectly installed (Its happened to me before now) so re-installing them might solve the problem.

One other thing you could try is checking with the Windows help files and seeing if Vista can emulate Windows XP. If it does (and I don't have Vista so I can't check) it might be worthwhile trying to run the game in emulation mode.