If 100 people needs to die to save 100000 people..

Eddo36

Push the STOP TRAIN button

EDIT: I see Meta had the same idea

Yeah, you guys are of one mind.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

So who is using it tonight?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

in Denmark we pay 25% in turnover taxes.. from food to cars and clothing..

and we still pay 50% in taxes on our income.. so it won't generate as much income as you might think..

it works in the US because we simply spend more. [2] also, the myth is that increased income tax actually increases tax revenues 1:1... not true. low income tax and (relatively) high sales tax would do well. plus, the US doesn't have nearly as much government benefits as denmark.

taks

I don't think you spend more than us? at least when we divide the number of citizens with the overall amount spend.. unless of course you simply mean that you (as country) spend more due to the fact that you are more than us?.. [2] and I know it doesn't work that way, but we as you mention that's because of goverment benefists that taxes are so high... free health and a bunchload of other services are quite expensive..

Fortune favors the bald.

I would think it would be more than 1:1 if you factor in the whole of the tax beuocracy which is not exactly cheap to maintain.

that's true .. you have to do your own taxes in America right? that has to cut down some of the cost though..

Fortune favors the bald.

in Denmark we pay 25% in turnover taxes.. from food to cars and clothing..

and we still pay 50% in taxes on our income.. so it won't generate as much income as you might think..

it works in the US because we simply spend more. [2] also, the myth is that increased income tax actually increases tax revenues 1:1... not true. low income tax and (relatively) high sales tax would do well. plus, the US doesn't have nearly as much government benefits as denmark.

taks

I don't think you spend more than us? at least when we divide the number of citizens with the overall amount spend.. unless of course you simply mean that you (as country) spend more due to the fact that you are more than us?.. [2] and I know it doesn't work that way, but we as you mention that's because of goverment benefists that taxes are so high... free health and a bunchload of other services are quite expensive..

Taks is saying that the US generates more tax revenue and spends less of it, per capita, on her people.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT