Bug on Nar Shadaa & other problem (PC version)

First, I have characters who will not move. :sorcerer: They are stuck in place. How can I fix this?

Not only are they stuck in one point in the game, but I even tried an older saved spot & that character is also immobile. :angry: Both saved points are on Nar Shadaa.

Second, I read a few posts & someone suggested that one should uninstall the game (keeping you saved games safe) & then reinstall to fix the problem. When I did that it uninstalled ok, but I got an error message (see attachment) when attempting to reinstall. Luckily, I did this on my laptop & the game is also saved at the same position on my PC. How do I reinstall this on my laptop?

If anyone needs more info, please let me know & I'll see what I can do. Please Help soon! Thank you in advance.

KOTOR_II.doc

Sometimes just switching to another Char and running around will fix stuck companions, that or going to the party selection menu and deselecting them. If you can't do that just try running to a new area, unlike KOTOR you don't have to have all you party standing behind you to transit to a new area. You might also want to make double sure that you haven't been running around in solo mode, I've done that once or twice and only realised after finding myself in the middle of a fight. :">

As to the reinstall problem, try cleaning the disk and the drive, uninstalling the game again them reinstalling. I had a similar problem reinstalling KOTOR2 and this fixed the problem. If you were running any mods in the game it might be worth making sure they have been removed as well-the autopatch isn't a problem but some mods won't be removed by the uninstall program and that can create problems (It did for me anyway).

Edited by Darth Mortis

The only problem is that this is one of those times where there is only one available player. My main character is being held captive while Mira is trying to free him from Jek Jek Cantina (Sorry, but due to this problem, I haven't played in a few months so this is probably not the correct spelling).

Thanks