New Play-By-Comment D&D Blog Game

• 2 months later...

It sounds like MUD style gaming but forum based instead of a free parser. It could work. I think there was a on forum Vampire game a while back here.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It sounds like MUD style gaming but forum based instead of a free parser.  It could work.  I think there was a on forum Vampire game a while back here.

Actually, I've changed the way it works since the first time I posted as a result of player feedback. So, now it works more traditionally where each character is controlled by the player who created that character. I was worried initially that the game would move too slowly if handled that way, but actually it's worked really well. We usually do 1 or 2 moves a day. And the characters are really consistent, moreso than they would be if controlled by a group.

We've only had one player quit the game so far since we started, which is pretty normal for this type of game, and luckily a new player came along to take over the character and it worked great.

Boy, it's a good thing another mod got here first. I nearly toasted you for being a bot! My apologies, but we're a might twitchy round these here parts.

Sounds interesting, do keep us posted.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.