Fallout 1 tech problem

Walsingham

I just bought the shiny new FO pack, and have rewarded my subcontracted techie by putting it on his PC and giving him time to relax by playing it. But the presentation is this tiny window in the middle of his monitor. He has a laptop, if that makes any difference. Any suggestions on how to fix this? We've tried setting the screen prefs, and the prefs for the game in compatibility.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just a suggestion, but have you tried loading up Windows in safe mode.  I did this once to force a monitor into a lower resolution for an old game, though I think that was WinMe.

Now that's sly! We will give it a try. I don't know if it will work in DOSBOX, because this is an adapted version specially for winxp.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just a suggestion, but have you tried loading up Windows in safe mode.  I did this once to force a monitor into a lower resolution for an old game, though I think that was WinMe.

Now that's sly! We will give it a try. I don't know if it will work in DOSBOX, because this is an adapted version specially for winxp.

Ahhhh I see, I couldn't get it to work under XP due to the old black screen of doom bug, fallout 2 works fine.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Ahhhh I see, I couldn't get it to work under XP due to the old black screen of doom bug, fallout 2 works fine.

Is that the one where the screen goes black but you can clear it out by moving the mouse over it? I had that in Torment too. <_<

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Um, I have the new White Label version, and the intro video is in a smaller screen too. The main game still takes fullscreen, though. Does the game work in fullscreen?

Yar. Game works fullscreen on my desktop. Mmmm... shiny... *coughs* I mean: Mmmmm... post-apocalyptic wasteland....

-Elwood Blues