The multiplayer factor...

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect
No, Me and Krookie are saying WoW is a stupid idea and paying for it. Not your idea.

Ah, my bad. :"> Guess I just miss interpreted what Krookie was talking about...

Thats cos you probabally have a job, and think of all that money that you could save instead of paying for WoW monthly, you could soon save up and buy a new computer, or a new game for that matter :)

But the thing is, if KotOR3 where to become a Multiplayer game, there would be quite a few people who would just buy it for its multiplayer reasons, because they may have heard about it somewhere and just decided to get it because of multiplayer without acctually getting the whole understanding about it, which is fine... to a degree.

There would also probably be quite a few people who would be alienated by it's multiplayer and thus not buy it. Me being one.

KOTOR should just stay as a single player RPG. It seems that a lot of developers feel that everything has to be online these days.

I don't like the idea of real-time multiplayer for KOTOR. however, I do like the idea of officially-recognized amateur content available for download.

let us say that LA says "OK, we need a mission in which this, this, and this occurs...". Then the modder community (using a toolset that comes with the game) sets out to write the mission using these loose parameters. Then, the deadline comes and all the modders upload their stuff.

LA then has a panel to determine which mod will be the one available for official download.

Only one mod with this mission ever makes it onto official servers and/or expansion packs (a la Diamond Pack).

Anyway, KOTOR is all about strength of story and characters and that is the kind of fan involvement I would like to see. True multiplayer just cannot keep the quality...it just can't.