Save the world!

The.Donut

i only briefly looked at this silly claim, so my question may or may not be valid.  in particular, do these idiots understand the whole action/reaction concept?

taks

For example, walking can be viewed as repeated controled collisions with the Earth. :D

Some iterated computer simulations can lead to messed up results especially for energy because they fail (due to truncation errors in the calculations) to handle the action/reaction bit right. ;)

In a related way some numerical calculations produce leading edge artifact results which propagate faster than the speed of light because of the physical and time dimensions of the computational mesh. (w00t)

Such Fun! Especially when executives take it seriously and imagine that they are on to something great! (w00t) :lol:

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

If there was enough people, I imagine the jump would make us all look like we are jumping much higher than normal, as we push the Earth away.

actually, that is precisely what happens. we jump up, and the earth responds in some miniscule fashion, and then, we fall back in unison with the earth's return to us due to gravitational pull. the net result is that we are back to equilibrium pretty quickly.

oh, and the above hypothetical also assumes, hypothetically speaking, that everyone is jumping on a relatively concentrated section of the earth. you think new orleans was bad in the dome during katrina? ha! good fun!

taks

comrade taks... just because.