KOTOR II script...

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

Can I find the official KOTOR II script with all the available dialogue anywhere on the Internet? I don't have these 'dialogue files', I'm assuming they are available to PC users only and since have KOTOR II on X-Box, I don't have these 'dialogue files', but I want to look at the dialogue from KOTOR II because there is important material in there that I can use to back up my reasons for certain events occuring in my KOTOR III plot, I won't be starting it until after the 9th of July, but I would preferably like to have full access to all the dialogue from KOTOR II beforehand, so if anyone has a link or a suggestion as to where to look to find the script for KOTOR II then I'd greatly appreciate it if I could have the link or be told where to look for this kind of stuff...

Edited by The Architect

The problem is that the dialog file isn't ordered in an easy to read 'script-like' format (See image attachment). Questions and responses are put in different blocks and stuff like that. Thus just trying to read it to reconstruct diagloue and all the possible options for dialog is a serious pain in the arse. I've reconstructed a few of Atton's and such in the past and meh...yeah, pain in the arse. :-

There's a couple things:

This mod supposedly contains a copy of the K2 dialog.tlk file. You can open the file with WordPad or something and scroll down till you start seeing readable text and start reading/deciphering.

This page has some dialog editor tools that supposedly let you read the text in the file in some semblance of order, but I personally have never been able to get it to work (the DLGE won't even 'recognize' the file at all, for me) - I have no idea why. I've never been able to get any of those little changes to the .ini file to work either, I've always figured it some weird game-country-CD version thing.

Far as I know there's no 'offical' available script beyond this program file. Anyway, if that all fails and no one else more knowledgable than myself has any suggestions/solutions, try a search on Kotor2+dialog.tlk, never know.

post-11552-1150832070_thumb.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts