Just wondering...

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

Now there isn't really any point to this but still, in KOTOR II, as most people who've played it know, you have the option of killing or sparing Vrook, Zez-Kai Ell and Kavar and it does not depend on the Exile's alignment, what I mean by that is a LS Exile can kill Vrook, Kavar and Zez-Kai Ell if he/she wants to and a DS Exile can spare Vrook, Zez-Kai Ell and Kavar, it's a matter of choice and is not tied to the Exile's alignment, the same scenario applies with Atris too.

But anyway, getting back to the point, if any one of the three Jedi Masters are still alive and return to the Jedi Academy on Dantooine Kreia ends up killing them but IMHO I thought it was pretty lame the way she just killed the Jedi Master/s the way she did, it kind of began a series of anti-climatic events IMHO so, do you folks think it would have been better if you got to take control of Kreia and kill the Jedi Master/s instead of watching her kill them in a cutscene?

A lot of people complained about the difficuly of KOTOR II, I tend to agree that it was easy, but wouldn't it have been better if you had to kill the Jedi Master/s via gameplay? Also, if you spared more than one Jedi Master, it would have been quite difficult IMHO gameplay wise to fight more than one Jedi Master by yourself (or in this case as Kreia) so when you look at it from that point of view, it would have been more challenging and interesting, well that's at least what I think anyway. But this would mean that the Exile has to be knocked unconscious so he/she is not involved in the fight before Kreia begins fighting the Jedi Master/s, but I don't think that would have been a stretch for the writers, they could have done it easily.

I know this is one of those 'who cares?' topics but still, bah, I was just curious to hear what other people thought of this idea...

Edited by The Architect

I happened to be one of those people who liked Dantooine scene a lot. Anti-climactic because you do not fight? I do not RP to kill! Hell, I wouldn't mind not doing it at all.

Besides, Kreia does not kill the masters. She merely cuts them off the force. Also, the Exile is unconscious anyways.

I happened to be one of those people who liked Dantooine scene a lot. Anti-climactic because you do not fight? I do not RP to kill! Hell, I wouldn't mind not doing it at all.

Besides, Kreia does not kill the masters. She merely cuts them off the force. Also, the Exile is unconscious anyways.

I agree for me it was more satisfying to see the masters cower in fear as Kriea shows them the pain and horror that the council caused by their own inaction she is also defending the PC,and exacting revenge for herself and oddly The Exile.

Well that's my interpretation of it anyway.

Also it adds another layer to Kriea's character and the relationship that The Exile and Kriea have.

If you kill one or two masters you have to kill the third and then Kriea gets all crabby...which isn't fun!

Sure it would have been good to kill them after you say lay one finger on me and your dead.

But then would we see Vrook get smashed against the wall or hear Kriea's fantastic monologue.

Interesting concept about taking control of Kriea in that scene but the outcome would be people miffed about being forced to kill them er and I would probably be one of them.To me it doesn't really fit in with her motives and in terms of game play and plot it would feel the same as taking control of Atton which for me would detract from the whole moment of genius that the whole scene already is.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Now there isn't really any point to this but still, in KOTOR II, as most people who've played it know, you have the option of killing or sparing Vrook, Zez-Kai Ell and Kavar and it does not depend on the Exile's alignment, what I mean by that is a LS Exile can kill Vrook, Kavar and Zez-Kai Ell if he/she wants to and a DS Exile can spare Vrook, Zez-Kai Ell and Kavar, it's a matter of choice and is not tied to the Exile's alignment, the same scenario applies with Atris too.

But anyway, getting back to the point, if any one of the three Jedi Masters are still alive and return to the Jedi Academy on Dantooine Kreia ends up killing them but IMHO I thought it was pretty lame the way she just killed the Jedi Master/s the way she did, it kind of began a series of anti-climatic events IMHO so, do you folks think it would have been better if you got to take control of Kreia and kill the Jedi Master/s instead of watching her kill them in a cutscene?

A lot of people complained about the difficuly of KOTOR II, I tend to agree that it was easy, but wouldn't it have been better if you had to kill the Jedi Master/s via gameplay? Also, if you spared more than one Jedi Master, it would have been quite difficult IMHO gameplay wise to fight more than one Jedi Master by yourself (or in this case as Kreia) so when you look at it from that point of view, it would have been more challenging and interesting, well that's at least what I think anyway. But this would mean that the Exile has to be knocked unconscious so he/she is not involved in the fight before Kreia begins fighting the Jedi Master/s, but I don't think that would have been a stretch for the writers, they could have done it easily.

I know this is one of those 'who cares?' topics but still, bah, I was just curious to hear what other people thought of this idea...

Would have liked to think about what would have had happened if those Jedi Masters were not killed instead, as much dialogue could have been added in further. Kreia could have knocked them out together with your PC unconscious using Force Wave, rather than draining them empty of life. Also, that concept of a wound in the Force for PCs remains yet to be explained clearly.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧