Combat Mission games

Errrr, I get the feeling that I totally got screwed over on the drawing of the border. Half of my units are "behind enemy lines."

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it ended in a cease fire rather than just the end of the round.

:(

EDIT: That can't be it, because there's definitely a place where I lost ground (on the North side of the map where you were making your push. I wonder why I didn't claim any. Maybe it has to actually be infantry moving there, and not just vehicles? But I still have infantry behind enemy lines. Plus I have a wierd box in the middle of your territory that I don't even remember coming close to.

Very wierd.

Edited by alanschu

I think it's because it still counts as contested territory. Who knows. Anywho, you can't move the units within those boxes, but you can move them out of them back to behind your lines.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yeah I know. But I didn't really want to move them. Though now you could have a billion AT teams in the area.

I didn't think it was still contested. You must have had a lone guy running around (or hiding around) in the south area.

The funny thing is that there is a small rectangle that I can definitely deploy guys into. If I was interested in putting guys into a position where they are immediately cut off that is.

Yeah, I'm actually pretty surprised I've been holding most of my territory fairly well since the beginning. Then again, you decided to focus on just one area and decimate it. Jerk.

Hadescopy.jpg

.... Say, you wouldn't happen to have saved the chronological list of campaigns, would you? In cleaning out my forum attachments, I seem to have accidently deleted it as well.

Hadescopy.jpg

Have you tried Korsun Pocket?

What did you think?

I thought it was beautifully too complex.

But maybe I just timed out too soon.

:)

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Korsun Pocket - The Battle

"By January 1944 the Soviet Army had forced the Germans back from the river Dnieper everywhere except for the area between Kanev and Cherkassy, south of the Ukrainian capital Kiev. This area formed a bulge in the German line and was an obvious target for a battle of encirclement.

On January 25th two Soviet fronts under Generals Konev and Vatutin launched attacks at the base of the bulge. Three days later they closed a ring around two German army corps and formed the Korsun Pocket.

Unwilling to allow an immediate breakout, Hitler ordered panzer divisions moved to the area and counterattacks made. From February 4th to 15th the Germans struggled unsuccessfully to break into the pocket, engaging in swirling battles with Soviet armor. Finally, on February 16th the order was given for the trapped men to break out. In a hellish night battle 40,000 Germans broke through to their own lines, but lost half their number on the way"

Korsun Pocket - The Game

Korsun Pocket - Strategic Studies Group, Matrix Games

Supposed to be good

Gamespy, 2003 Game of the Year - PC Wargame

"Korsun Pocket is arguably the best traditional hex-based wargame of all time."

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Never played that one, but I tried out the demo for Battles in Normandy by the same devs, also a hex-based TB wargame. It was ok, but didn't really manage to hook me in enough for a purchase.

Hadescopy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...