Game main menu slow as hell.

I'm haveing this same problem with both Kotor 1 and 2.

I start the game, and it goes to the main menu, but there it's slower then hell, starts of as a black screen then about a minute later the menu appears,

while that black screen is on the mouse pointer is visable and moves normally and i can even hear the sounds of it going over the buttons in the menu,

i can even click on them and it seems to give me the next menu, based on that the locations of buttons move, but the screen stays black.

When the menu is displayed however then the buttons also start reacting slow, and the whole background animation is frozen.

i can go through the menus but takes quite awhile.

I suspect this is yet another duelcore issue, but i've tryied all duelcore fixes i've found.

System specs:

AMD64 X2 4400+

2GB DDR RAM

nVidia Geforce 7800GTX PCI-E

Motherboard is a nForce4 chipset.

So please if anyone has any sollutions

The main menu screen has alot of fog effects. Fog is generated by the Processor, not the graphics card, thus it causes huge slowdowns. My main menu screen is jerky, but its the only problem I have with the game. If you are playing on high resultions and high effects, like AA and AF, then the fog will slow down your machine even more. Try running at the lowest settings to see if the menu screen speeds up.

The main menu screen has alot of fog effects. Fog is generated by the Processor, not the graphics card, thus it causes huge slowdowns. My main menu screen is jerky, but its the only problem I have with the game. If you are playing on high resultions and high effects, like AA and AF, then the fog will slow down your machine even more. Try running at the lowest settings to see if the menu screen speeds up.

Why is fog generated by the processor? Just wondering.

Why is fog generated by the processor? Just wondering.

Most games use the graphics card to generate the fog, however the KotOR engine uses the processor, thus making the game incredibly slow when alot of fog is around (like the main menu screen at high resolutions), and is the cause of the notorious slowdown on Dantooine in KotOR 1 (tho I think that was another issue, but it is still the processors fault :huh:)

Edited by aerowars617