Video playback problem.

Hi, I've searched the forums and had a quick look at the links in the forum sticky but couldn't find anything to help me.

My problem is this:

Any time I watch an FMV sequence in KOTOR2 (like the opening text scrawl for example, or the Obsidian lightsaber thingy) the sound skips intermittently. It can play for 5 seconds like normal and then it will pause for a second while the video continues to play.

Now I do think it's worth mentioning that I'm playing on a laptop which is a problem in itself, but all my specifications meet the recommended requirements for KOTOR.

Also, I seem to have this problem with all Lucasarts titles (KOTOR1, Battlefront 2, Empire At War etc..).

I know the chances of me solving this without buying myself a new desktop are slim, but it's worth a shot :lol:

Must be a problem with BINKplayer (binkw32.dll). Note that the following is from the troubleshooting guide of an other game, but "should" be in effect here too;

A: This is usually caused by a duplicate, but older, version of one of these two files in Windows\System folder. Lots of games use these two files, and most will search for the files in Windows\System. So a common fix on the web is to drop files in this folder. But, files change between versions. If you have this problem, it's confusing the game because it's finding that version instead of the one it needs. But, there's a simple fix. The file you want is in the System folder inside the demo folder - copy the file out of the system folder into the game's root. Now it'll find this copy of the file first and you should be on your way.