Telos Academy

Well, having erased kotor2-somethingorother from my system registry and reinstalled K2 to find that it (sort of) works, I began a new LSM profile. All went well, except for a shortage of droids around the Peragus administration console - none down in the lower area with the two plasteel cylinders. Also, Atton and the Exile appeared well outside the fuel lines upon leaving the Harbinger - turns out that you need to keep T3 alive if you're ever going to get him (which of course means rushing past the droids and making sure he's still in one piece before entering the pipe).

Despite these glitches, things went well up until Telos, where upon reaching the Entertainment module, I found only one mercenary accosting the Sullustan. Killing him did not trigger the Sullustan dialogue (script for forced dialogue most likely requires the death of both mercs), so I deleted all my Telos saves, and reloaded from the Ebon Hawk. Everything ran perfectly, until reaching the Telos Academy.

That's where things went mighty sour.

First of all, Atton has a 50/50 chance of loading either directly beside the Handmaiden, or in his Force cage - however, he's still able to rejoin the party after shutting down the cells.

Second, half the doors are 'missing'. That is, they're still present in the sense that they block my passage unless I can find an object like a Handmaiden Sister or a Plasteel Cylinder to click on, which magically allows the Exile and party to walk through where the door should be. T3, however, is completely inaccessible. I cannot move my party members near enough to him to 'push past' the invisible, unopenable door. Therefore, I am trapped in the Academy.

I've tried deleting the Academy saves and loading the Military Base saves just prior to boarding the shuttle, but so far, it's done nothing. Patching didn't work either, so I'd probably do well to uninstall, clean registry (again) and reinstall.

It may also be of interest to note that the patch succeeded in patching up to 96% the last time, crashing while attempting to patch the file after swkotor2.exe. If it helps, I've never had a perfect K2 install - disc 3 and four often have problems continuing installation, and often request the previous disc for verification purposes (files apparently do not match :rolleyes: ).

It's rather disappointing - KOTOR gave me no problems at all, save for a single incident in which the Sith Base door on Taris was absent, ruining any chance of progressing the plot. Restarting, however, 'fixed' it.

Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance.

for me, there are only a couple ways that could fix this. one of them is to get a new kotor2 game period. go to a store and buy a new one. they are cheaper right now. where i live i can get it around $20. and the other way is to . . .well, buy a new one seems to me the only way. but that is my opinion. what do you other people have to say about this?