Multiple Frustrating Glitches...

Well, haven't posted in a while, but hey, I figured this is as good a place to begin.

First of all, the patch crashes/aborts during the final 95% (if I'm not mistaken) of the patching process; specifically, I get an 'old file contents do not match...however a file of the same name exists; no update because file contents do not match' message, much like the OMF:BG patch crash (but that's another story).

In addition to the patch failing to properly perform the duties for which it was so thoughtfully designed, the Exile's Footlocker on the Harbinger has loaded backwards. That of course means that I cannot access it and the precious, precious Armband within.

Furthermore, I'm getting an odd glitch when 'traveling' from the Harbinger engine room to the Peragus Fuel Depot. First, Atton and Exile appear amidst a pile of droids, well outside the intended fuel line in which T3 and the severed couplings/whatever are found. After dispatching the droids and heading inside the fuel pipe, I get Atton's 'it's a maintenance droid' line, and some XP, but no T3-M4. Heading through the pipeline and back to the Harbinger, and then back to the Depot does nothing - in fact, the T3 wreckage disappears, leaving jsut the case of parts.

Considering the nature of the items my Melee-focused Consular, darkside-until-Sith Marauder (then sudden LS shift ) Exile has found, specifically, multiple expensive pistols, armour suits, and particularly, a Trandoshan sword and a Gammorean war axe, both of which are equipped... let's say I'd rather not restart, only to find the glitch reappearing in another profile... not that those weapons have staying power, it's just that I prefer keeping potent weapons on the Exile up until Nar Shaddaa. :(

I'm at my wit's end... I may uninstall (though I'll not be looking forward to the 4-disc-with-possible-crapouts-during-final-disc installation) and defrag, though I doubt that'll do much....

Any advice regarding these three issues would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

I apologize for the double post, but I must now admit that I was not quite at my wit's end when I posted last. I know this to be true because i am now at my wit's end!

I uninstalled, defragged, then reinstalled TSL, repatched, and attempted to play, having made sure not to erase my old saves and config. TSL crashes while attempting to load the intro videos, with the classic, Send/Do Not Send error message. So, I uninstall, reinstall, and don't patch. Crashes identically as before. Once again I un/reinstall, then reboot, patch, and try to load again, this time having deleted my saves and config. This time I make it past the LA/OE videos, and experience a crash as the main TSL splash screen loads. At this point, I uninstalled and reposted.

If anyone can help me through this conundrum, I'd be more than grateful.

I also have K1 installed, and would rather not delete *every* instance of "kotor'" from my HD, and would rather not tinker with the registry for fear of a registry hive failure/corruption.

Still, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks again.