Controller not so Revolutionary after all

So i was watching Gamer TV on Bravo here in the UK and they had a feature on this:

http://www.in2games.uk.com/testsite/index.php

Its not even new! IGN did a feature on it in 2004!

On the tv show they showed a guy playing the fighting and the golf game. It seemed pretty responsive and accurate. They also showed a prototype for sword wielding (even lightsabers!) snooker/pool, bowling and an FPS.

At the very least this gives a glimpse of what the Revo controller will be able to do. I guess the revo controller will be better in one way due to the lack of cables, however making it light/radio based may give rise to responsiveness issues.

This is available for PS2 and PC and no doubt it will apeear on a next gen console. In which case it kind of steps on Nintendo's toes. :wub:

Edited by Surreptishus

Did you watch the video? Eyetoy is 2d and you dont control any in game objects, there's also bo accounting for speed of movement.

Gametrak is 3D and you can use stuff like swords and guns. Its a leap forward from eyetoy and from my understanding basically does what the Nintendo claims what the revolution controller will do.

Which is why I said it looks like a better version of the EyeToy. :lol:

And Nintendo's controller doesn't really bring you into the game like a Gametrak or an EyeToy. The remote can be used as a flashlight, or lightgun in a game. Gametrak and Eyetoy capture your movements and bring them on screen.

Edited by kotorkyle