M4-78 is canon!

Hate to bring up an old thread, but Sikon, why where you so hell-bent on deleting this info

http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Great_LucasCruft_Purge

One page I nominated for deletion is nothing... compared to the deletion spree of other Wikipedians. And you should have known before creating such an article on Wikipedia. :blink:

The content of this article is not lost, it is now in a better place... and there is an opinion on Wikipedia, and not only mine, that this is where it should have been created to begin with.

Edited by Sikon

Guest MacLeodCorp
IMO its not canon unless the official site says so

I agree 100%... I would consider any cut content as nothing. If the cut content is not officially recognized by Lucas's EU Databank, I would consider them a tragic deletion. Until they are recongnized, they should not be considered canon or legit. In the future, the cut content could have major changes, which will alter their present state drastically. Therefore, their current state canot be taken as a continuation of any story.

Cut content by itself is never canon. But when it is mentioned in a canonical work, it becomes canon - but only the information presentted in that source is canonical. Information that can be retrieved from the cut content is not canonical unless referenced by that source as well.