XBOX Screen Blackout (PLEASE HELP)

Ok Im new to these forums but I looked around a little before i decided to join....I saw many posts concerning this blackout problem where the game loads "successfuly" and then it just brings out a black screen...And the solutions always involve patches (for the computer version obviously) and other such things involving computer settings...

So my problem is that my game discs (I have 2) have this blackout problem...I cleaned my older disc with toothpaste once (which supposedly cleans and partially fills in/removes scratches) and the blackout did not occur at the part it usually did...So this was a temporary solution....Then about 10 hours of gameplay and a few days later the game blacked out at this one spot right after loading...That time i tried the toothpaste and carnauba car wax cleaning methods to no avail...The game still worked but it always blacked out at the one spot I was in....Then i purchased a used copy of the game which was cleaner and less damaged than my first disc but it still blacked out at the same spot....For some reason I deleted some soundtracks and old saved game slots I had stored in the XBOX hard disk and the game worked again, that blackout was gone....But now the problem persists and I am once again stuck where the game blacks out after loading and I'm out of temporary solutions....

So is there a real solution to this? (my XBOX is not modded...would that help?...if so i will buy the materials needed...if someone knows a sure fire way to get rid of this problem)

Thanx in advance if you post any suggestions (and if you read this whole post)

Edited by |Potatoes|

Since you're a good n00b who followed the "lurk before you post" doctrine, I'll give you a hint -

Try clearing the XBOX cache.

Game consistently stops responding at the same point

If your game consistently stops responding at the same point, use the following troubleshooting methods in the order in which they are presented.

Method 1: Cleaning game disc and making sure clock is configured correctly

To clean the game disc and make sure the clock is configured correctly:

1. Hold the game disc by the edges without touching the surface with your fingers. Clean the disc with a soft cloth, lightly wiping from the center outwards. Do not use solvents or chemicals to clean the disc. Check the disc for any signs of damage.

2. Make sure that the Xbox console clock is configured correctly. To do this:

1. With no disc in the disc tray, turn on the Xbox console.

2. Select Main Menu.

3. Select Settings.

4. Select Clock.

3. View the date and time to make sure it is correct.

4. Try to play the game.

If the issue continues to occur, continue to Method 2.

Method 2: Clearing game cache on the Xbox hard disk

To clear the game cache on the Xbox hard disk, you must first copy to a memory unit all the games for this title that are saved to the hard disk. When that is complete, you can clear the cache on the Xbox hard disk. To do this:

1. Insert a memory unit into a controller connected to your Xbox console.

2. Remove the game disc from the disc tray.

3. On the Xbox dashboard, select Memory.

4. Select Xbox Hard Disk.

5. In the list of games, select the game that you want to back up.

6. Select the appropriate save game icon (located to the right of the game icon). Each save game is identified with a name, date, time, and size.

7. On the Copy/Delete menu for the save game, select Save.

Note If the Copy command is not available, you have not selected a save game file.

8. When the game has been saved, return to the list of save games.

9. Repeat these steps for each save game that you want to back up for this title.

10. Delete the large game icon to the left of the list of game titles, and then select Yes to delete the game cache permanently.

Note If the Copy command is available, you have selected a game save file, not the game cache file. If this is the case, return to step 6, and then select the left-most icon.

11. Make sure that the icon is no longer listed, and then restart the console.

12. Insert the game disc into the disc tray, and then either load your latest saved game from the memory unit, or play the game from the beginning.

If the issue continues to occur, the game disc may be defective. Try to exchange it for a new disc at the place of purchase. If after that, the issue continues to occur, you may be experiencing a hardware issue, and your console may require repair service.

Courtesy of Microsoft ...& Don Jaguar

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg