Iran, North Korea get a new partner

Laozi

Indeed, the M1A2 is not the best tank in the world. That title often goes to the

Russian T-90.

Try T-95

Yes, they have a new tank.

http://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/2004630.asp

As for the Type 98, I read that it contains a lot of Leopard 2A5 parts, which is also an equal to the M1A2 if not better. Including the new laser defence technology. (if it works, can't confirm it)

Actually the Leopard IS better but the Type 98 is really diferent from it.

http://www.sinodefence.com/army/tank/type98.asp

A new T variant? Interesting, I didn't know Russia had the funds to make yet another MBT.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

While I do think that the Peoples Liberation Army is somewhat outclassed by the US, it still has more than 2 million men under arms, a tank fleet of some 8-9000 plus armoured vehicles, a fleet of destroyers (I can imagine with surface-to-air missiles) and a huge airforce of their own, however outdated it might be, would still be able to give the US a fight to remember.

It's not like some arab nation with next to no air forces or surface-to-air missiles, with an enemy capable of using strategic bombers protected by a huge amount of fighters, I'd say that maintaining air superiority gets a bit tricky, and the sheer amount of casualties on the US side would make such a war unbearable for the population back home. (Same goes for China of course, but lets face it, they're not exactly a democracy) ^_^

On a side note, I read that the PLA is researching energy directed weapons, such as mircowave and lasers. Most recently incorporated on their newest MBT, whose turret mounted laser will blind enemy anti-tank gunners locking on to it, effectively ruining the enemy gunners eyesight.

And nukes are, of course, out of the question. Or are they?  :ph34r:

Edited a little spelling.  :thumbsup:

This is one of the reasons that GWB hasn't charged into Iran. They actually have an airforce. And offensive capabilities to inflict losses on the US airfleet. Ditto for N.Corea, too, I believe (lots of missiles).

Sun Tzu and all that.

Personally, if we had a real international governing body and not the mockery that is the UN, I think we should hold up international trade laws and not allow countries like China to openly pirate billions every day.

And that's the 64 trillion dollar question, isn't it?

What would be a good structure to manage the world?

UNATCO?

(JC, where are you ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

This is one of the reasons that GWB hasn't charged into Iran. They actually have an airforce. And offensive capabilities to inflict losses on the US airfleet.

I think he was hoping to have Iraq wrapped up by now and head into Iran for the 2008 election. Unfortunately he's a bit behind schedule.

What would be a good structure to manage the world?

UNATCO?

For the moment, it's probably best to focus on building up regional organisations like the African Union, the Arab League and ASEAN. The world is too big to be manageable, and as critical as I am of US policies, I have my doubts about anyone else doing much better.

It's frustrating that other African nations refuse to do anything about Mugabe, and I think the Zimbabwean opposition will ultimately hold them to account for it. But if the US wants to disengage from its role as world policeman, this is the best long-term prospect. Regional organisations are not the UN itself, but have a formal place within the UN system, so both pro- and anti-UN people should be able to support them.

(JC, where are you ...)

Our Lord John Cleese? I believe he does a lot of management training videos. :ph34r:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

No, he's auctioning a part of his bowels (I think) on the internet which he had removed due to some kind of infection, saying that he assures potential bidders that the profit of said auction will be split equally between himself, and the surgeon kind enough to perform the operation. :thumbsup:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.