Menu Lockups

So I'm having this strange problem where the game will completely lock up, but only on menus and other 2D screens like pazaak games and stuff. It's happening a lot (sometimes several times in an hour), which is really annoying.

I e-mailed LucasArts support and they just told me my Mobility Radeon card isn't powerful enough or some such. But I really don't think this would be a symptom that kind of thing, because of when it happens.

Anyone have any ideas?

Could you post your basic specs? Mainly processor, ram and graphics card (ATI Mobility Radeon ####).

Well slow but supported cards (so not integrated graphics) should just lag and really shouldn't lock up unless it's THAT bad/old. As a guide, my GeForce4 440 Go can play it alright, and that's between a Mobile Radeon 7500 and 9000.

I guess it's just the obvious options for now:

- Game Patch

- ATI Drivers

- Full Uninstall/Reinstall the game

- Background programs

only on menus and other 2D screens like pazaak ...

At least I can help you with that...

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

wat Verison Do u have?

Do u have a Scrached Disc U could read the back of the Booklet and u can contact Lucas art and Ask for a new one :alien:

If you mess wit the Best,........

You Will Die Like the Rest

492476733_l.gif

Could you post your basic specs? Mainly processor, ram and graphics card (ATI Mobility Radeon ####).

Pentium 4 2.8GHz

512MB RAM

Mobility Radeon 9200

Well slow but supported cards (so not integrated graphics) should just lag and really shouldn't lock up unless it's THAT bad/old. As a guide, my GeForce4 440 Go can play it alright, and that's between a Mobile Radeon 7500 and 9000.

That's kind of what I was thinking too.

I guess it's just the obvious options for now:

- Game Patch

- ATI Drivers

- Full Uninstall/Reinstall the game

- Background programs

Ok. I've got the patch already, and I think I've got my background programs pretty under control (mostly just system stuff and Norton AV related stuff, which I'm not sure how I would shut down). But I haven't tried reinstalling the game yet. And I was planning on downloading the drivers but I'm really confused about what driver I'm supposed to download.

Thanks...

But I haven't tried reinstalling the game yet. And I was planning on downloading the drivers but I'm really confused about what driver I'm supposed to download.

Thanks...

Well as a start just get the latest drivers from the ATI site. I know they aren't special or tweaked or anything but try going back to basics and I guess having the latest version of the drivers in general.

If that doesn't work then definitely reinstall.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)