problem with opengl2.0

just recently, last day or two, a started having a problem playing KotOR 1 and 2. I found out that my opengl is dropping to 1.1 from 2.o. I was using 77.56 when the problem started, and just a few minutes ago I tried xg80.40 and still got the same problem. I deleted the old driver using add/remove programs, reboot, install new drivers, reboot, check KotOR 2 scan hardware and it says that it passes including having opengl 2. I go answer the call of nature and come back and suddenly I can't play the game. so I check again and now my hardware fails, opengl is now 1.1!

Does anyone have any ideas.

I do have spysweeper, lastest version going, and it listed 6 items to ask if I want to keep, but suddenly dropped to 3 items.

just recently, last day or two, a started having a problem playing KotOR 1 and 2. I found out that my opengl is dropping to 1.1 from 2.o. I was using 77.56 when the problem started, and just a few minutes ago I tried xg80.40 and still got the same problem. I deleted the old driver using add/remove programs, reboot, install new drivers, reboot, check KotOR 2 scan hardware and it says that it passes including having opengl 2. I go answer the call of nature and come back and suddenly I can't play the game. so I check again and now my hardware fails, opengl is now 1.1!

Does anyone have any ideas.

I do have spysweeper, lastest version going, and it listed 6 items to ask if I want to keep, but suddenly dropped to 3 items.

um your grapics card is dying that is nope than likely you problem I've never even heard of something like this

what card do you have you aren't give enough details for me to diagnos the problem

I'm rock solid on the 80.40 drivers. Try using a free program called Driver Cleaner. Just do a google search for it. That removes all traces of previous installed drivers from your graphics card. Run it...reboot...cancel the "Found New Hardware" windows annoyance & just run the set up from the 80.40 drivers, or any other version that you feel comfortable with.

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

I added asus enhanced driver to go with asus smartdoc, and when I looked and tested one of the settings, for improving movie pics, but started KotOR2 instead, and that must of messed things up, because when I removed both then the problems stopped.