Has anyone played Pirates of the Sword Coast yet?

How many premium modules do they have now? Isn't it up to about 5? Couldn't they just sell them combined as an expansion pack type package in stores for like 19.99 or 29.99 instead of this awkward online thing?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yep, I tried both of them, and whilst they were quite professional, they were incomplete. (Witch's Wake actually stops dead and says "Thanks for playing, please wait for Part 2"!)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yep, I tried both of them, and whilst they were quite professional, they were incomplete. (Witch's Wake actually stops dead and says "Thanks for playing, please wait for Part 2"!)

That would royally suck, especially when you have no idea when it'll be done. :blink:

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm just not a fan of the online requirement.

I know in this day and age most people use the net, but what if someone had the net but then cancelled their net service since perhaps they had free access to the net anyways at work or at school and saw no point having it at home? They'd be screwed over by spending the money and never being able to play it.

I think we're in violent agreement; I can accept a one-time (at installation, typically) online verification without too much problem, like Valve did with Half-Life 2.

I have made a topic on the NwN forum to this affect, but I fear that my lonely voice will not carry much weight.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, Steam is a bulletproof delivery method, and was a major innovation. Bioware were just ahead of the play, with slightly inadequate technology.

There have been subsequent mutterings about alternatives to Steam (and at least one actual announcement), so I would be surprised if it doesn't become gradually, and more frequently, a standard vector of delivery for games from now on ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT