Patch wont take???

Hi there

After doing a search on all things patch related, I haven't been able to find one that matches my issue which is...

When I launch the game and press 'Update', it updates the launcher, analyzes the current game version (2.00), finds the closest file server, begins downloading and installing it.

Whats odd is that it goes COMPLETELY through the patch process (I even get the 'Your game has been successfully updated message). However, when I go back to the launcher to start the game, I still see v2.00 in the upper left hand corner AND I can update again (and again, and again, and again).

It doesn't seem that the patch 'takes' for some reason.

I even went to Lucasarts website and downloaded the manual patch to try that. It does the same thing. Seemingly patches all files, gives me a success report but the game STILL seems to be at the original version.

Am I being dense here and the game's already at the most recent version?? Somehow I don't think so as the update feature should return an error if you try to patch and the games already at the most current version (NWN does it as does KoToR I).

Any thoughts or clues?

Hi there

After doing a search on all things patch related, I haven't been able to find one that matches my issue which is...

When I launch the game and press 'Update', it updates the launcher, analyzes the current game version (2.00), finds the closest file server, begins downloading and installing it.

Whats odd is that it goes COMPLETELY through the patch process (I even get the 'Your game has been successfully updated message). However, when I go back to the launcher to start the game, I still see v2.00 in the upper left hand corner AND I can update again (and again, and again, and again).

It doesn't seem that the patch 'takes' for some reason.

I even went to Lucasarts website and downloaded the manual patch to try that. It does the same thing. Seemingly patches all files, gives me a success report but the game STILL seems to be at the original version.

Am I being dense here and the game's already at the most recent version?? Somehow I don't think so as the update feature should return an error if you try to patch and the games already at the most current version (NWN does it as does KoToR I).

Any thoughts or clues?

It will do this if you are using a No-CD .exe. Or another piece of software (spyware blocker, etc) is blocking changes to executables without asking.