New Glitch - Infinite Damage?

I have just now found a very strange glitch which I don't believe has been discovered yet. My apologies if it has already been discussed, but I searched around and didn't find anything.

After just finishing my second trip to Onderon and having settled the whole conflict there, I was ready to go to Dantooine to meet with the Council. I was leveling everyone up and re-equipping everyone outside the Hawk on Dxun before departing. When I was modifying my Handmaiden's double-bladed lightsaber outside using T3 as a workbench, I encountered a very strange glitch. Here are the steps to achieving (possibly) unlimited damage with lightsabers:

1. If your Handmaiden is a Jedi, take her and T3 outside with you. I was on Dxun.

2. Ask T3 to upgrade an item for you, sending you into his workbench mode.

3. Select the Handmaiden's lightsaber, and change the color crystal to something other than what it currently is, and assemble. When I did it, her lightsaber was violet, and I changed it to orange.

4. Fully exit the menu and then go back in, select the Handmaiden's lightsaber again.

5. Change the color crystal again, this time back to what it originally was.

6. When you exit the menu this time, for some reason the Handmaiden is no longer holding the lightsaber you just upgraded. Equip her with it, and the maximum damage the weapon is capable of should be much higher than before. Repeating these steps raises the damage higher and higher.

I'm very eager to find out if this works for everyone else or if it is somehow just a freak occurance for me. Please note, since I just discovered this glitch I don't yet know how much it can vary from the specific way I made it happen, for example I don't know if you can use any color crystals, any planet, etc. Also, I did this with the Xbox version, so I don't know if it is possible with the PC version either.

EDIT: I've now found out it works with any Jedi, not just Handmaiden. Pretty sure you can use any color crystals as well.

EDIT 2: A little bit of revision on exactly what the glitch does I guess. When I tried to do it to all of my Jedi companions, at first it seemed to have worked. But I believe that this glitch only works for one character at a time, as when I did it to another Jedi the previous character had the bonus stripped from them and returned to normal. Also when I switched the weapon to another character it did not keep the damage, so I believe the glitch changes the damage a character does with lightsabers, not vice versa. Also could not get this to work with my main character.