1.0b patch - missing files

I've been trying to update KOTOR2 to 1.0b with the patch like many people and ran into a silly but simple problem that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

Basically on the CD 2 files were corrupt: manual.pdf and Troubleshooting Guide.rtf

I somehow managed to copy Manual.pdf to my KOTOR2 dir on the hard drive but I still can't copy Troubleshooting Guide.rtf from the CD.

As many people have found out if the patch can't find any of the files it tries to update it quits rendering it useless. In my case it can't find the Troubleshooting Guide.rtf which is a non-essential file! :rolleyes:

Can someone please email me their version of Troubleshooting Guide.rtf so I can run the patch properly. Everything else works fine.

Thanks!

cosmictigger@adelphia.net

Okey-dokey.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Thanks w666tvr,

However, the file you sent was 967kb and the 1.0b patch keeps saying the content is wrong and quits. I think it's looking for the original 1.0 version of this file which is 924kb on my CD.

Do you or anyone else have the original US 1.0 version of Troubleshooting Guide.rtf that's 924kb that they could email me?

I know I know a rather stupid request but it's simple and I wouldn't be asking if this patch wasn't so specific.

Thanks in advance!

Cosmictigger@adelphia.net

Yup, I was thinking that after I hit send. The installers' looking for 1.0A version, I thought, to replace it with 1.0B version and I just sent the 1.0B version, so that won't work.

Unfortunately, you need someone reasonably technical, with a mind to help, who posts on the Technical Support Forum and who hasn't patched a buggy game yet. Slightly rarer than rocking horse poo, methinks.

I think you'd have time to reinstall and upgrade several times over before you'd find such a person...

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Right well unfortunately the file on my CDROM is corrupt, but it seems to be the only one. So reinstalling wouldn't work. If you have your original CDs (the #1 play cd in the docs folder to be specific) you could probably find the non-patched version there.

The problem with that, of course, is that the version on my CD #1 is 901KB long (UK version). If the installer is looking for one that is 924KB long then that won't work either.

Incidentally, assuming you have an international version, then the some of the files in the docs folder (at the very least manual.pdf) were corrupt on the CD due to an error in the duplication process. The 1.0A patch did little other than correct this. And, it would appear that manual.pdf is broken again after the 1.0B patch. * sigh *

Unfortunately, if this file was touched by the 1.0A patch then this file has changed twice and restoring the original file from your's or anyone's CD won't work, either. You would have post and pre 1.0A patch files on your machine and the installer would be even more confused than it is now. You'd need the 1.0A version from the same international version as yours (and I think now that mine is a different version to yours).

I think reinstalling may be the only way unless you are very lucky...

Ok I see what you're saying, however I have the US version not any of the international ones so there was no 1.0a patch, just the 1.0b. Since the files are corrupted on the CDROM itself reinstalling won't do much which is why I am looking for someone to email me the 924kb US version of this file.

All I can say is what a clusterduck.

o:)

Condolences. I personally am waiting for the content mod to be finished before I re-install the game (UK-International version).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

U.S. 1.0A version on its way. Test it out and see if it works.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195