Breaking down items

I am trying to breakdown items with a party member with all techical skills at 25+. I have a lot of items in inventory, some of them quite rare. Nevertheless, I invariably get a value of 1 component for each and every item in my inventory.

I though that rare items and high repair skill were suppose to result in high componet values. But to no avail. Hence the "create items" option on the workbench becomes redundant or very boring (imagine to have to disassemble 100 items to get 100 components.)

Anyone had this problem too?

its the exiles repair skill that gets taken into account when breaking down items (cept for a couple of times...)

hey!! euripides!! i was just reading some of my classical studies notes about euripides!!! although im not at school anymore... but classical studies was awesome, so i kept all my notes

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

its the exiles repair skill that gets taken into account when breaking down items (cept for a couple of times...)

hey!! euripides!! i was just reading some of my classical studies notes about euripides!!! although im not at school anymore... but classical studies was awesome, so i kept all my notes

I am not sure if this correct. The skill of the party member played at 1st persons, is definately taken into account for creating items. I know this because when i open the bench with Bao Dur I can manifacture almost everything while when doing it with the Exile almost nothing. ( I am taking for benches out of ship).

So it is inconsistent to count the members skill for creating an item and only the exiles for breaking it down. Strange.

I am not sure if this correct. The skill of the party member played at 1st persons, is definately taken into account for creating items. I know this because when i open the bench with Bao Dur I can manifacture almost everything while when doing it with the Exile almost nothing. ( I am taking for benches out of ship).

So it is inconsistent to count the members skill for creating an item and only the exiles for breaking it down. Strange.

I haven't checked, but I also can confirm that the first person PC is the one who's skills contribute to what can be done at the workbench. I would change between characters, and swap inventories of items like Czerka belts, etc, to create new items. My Exile generally had a reasonable Repair skill, so if what you report is true it would be a bug -- or the fact that one can use another party member's skills to build items is a bug; the two are logically mutually exclusive.

Ergo, not strange, broken.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Construction of items is based on the person you approach the work bench with.

Deconstruction of items is based on the repair skill of your party leader (which is usually the PC).

I suspect they did this to increase the value of the repair skill for the PC, otherwise they'd be no point as you could have someone else have all the repair skill.

Construction of items is based on the person you approach the work bench with.

Deconstruction of items is based on the repair skill of your party leader (which is usually the PC).

I suspect they did this to increase the value of the repair skill for the PC, otherwise they'd be no point as you could have someone else have all the repair skill.

That is my impression on how it works. If the reason they did it was the one you described (and is not a bug), then it is really stupid. What is the purpose of having a party if you are supposed to do all by yourself.