Forsake the troops gets destroyed!

11XHooah

No, it doesn't bother me. I don't really care what other countries or the UN thinks about America. I'm blessed to be part of such a great nation, and I'm proud to have the honor and opportunity to fight for it.

I just felt like stating the obvious :D

Actually I do support the US. I am just saddened at the dumbing down of the foreign policy. I don't know why complex issues have to be filtered through a monosylabic parser, and it seems the problem and solution have to be presented as if to a class of ADHD children.

It was the West's (not just the US's) pursuit of quick fixes that helped blow the Middle Esat into the catastrophe that it is today. That may have been just a war-weariness back in the 1930s and 40s, but it doesn't matter too much now. (Why the British and the French decided that the Arab people were not permitted to rule themselves, after their support in WW1, in their own land of Palestine, and threw out the recognised King Hashemite, is a decision we can only guess at the contributing causes.)

So it is not like the US is particlularly poor at foreign affairs, just probably a little newer to it.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No, it doesn't bother me. I don't really care what other countries or the UN thinks about America. I'm blessed to be part of such a great nation, and I'm proud to have the honor and opportunity to fight for it.

I just felt like stating the obvious :D

Actually I do support the US. I am just saddened at the dumbing down of the foreign policy. I don't know why complex issues have to be filtered through a monosylabic parser, and it seems the problem and solution have to be presented as if to a class of ADHD children.

It was the West's (not just the US's) pursuit of quick fixes that helped blow the Middle Esat into the catastrophe that it is today. That may have been just a war-weariness back in the 1930s and 40s, but it doesn't matter too much now. (Why the British and the French decided that the Arab people were not permitted to rule themselves, after their support in WW1, in their own land of Palestine, and threw out the recognised King Hashemite, is a decision we can only guess at the contributing causes.)

So it is not like the US is particlularly poor at foreign affairs, just probably a little newer to it.

But then again, the Middle East has always been FUBAR. There has always been violence and unrest over there, mainly due to disagreement over religion, which I think is the most retarded cause you could ever have. A disagreement over religion does not justify mass slaughter. And then you have fighting over who owns this piece of land. I can hardly believe that it is still called the Holy Land. It's a battleground if anything.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

But then again, the Middle East has always been FUBAR. There has always been violence and unrest over there, mainly due to disagreement over religion, which I think is the most retarded cause you could ever have. A disagreement over religion does not justify mass slaughter. And then you have fighting over who owns this piece of land. I can hardly believe that it is still called the Holy Land. It's a battleground if anything.

The only response I can give you is one I heard in my travels, a long, long time ago (and it was a long, long way from where I am now ...) that I believe sums up religious zeal to those that have an internal frame of reference centred on strict moral codes like the golden rule (do unto others only what you would have them do unto you):

To those that know, no explanation is necessary;

to those that don't, no explanation is possible.

I envy them their fervent faith; I dispair at their seeming lack of vision. Still, at the end of the troubled times, it will be due in no small part to the extremists shaping the world of our times, so there is everything to play for.

I often wonder what would happen if world hunger were eradicated; what would happen to the West if all the trade protections were removed ... a true "free market". Chaos! And not good, either. There would just be another conflict, with the newly disposessed taking up armed struggle ...

But I am digressing.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT