Game Crashes On Start

When I run the .exe Kotor2 starts, loads a black screen, a cursor of which I would guess is the in-game cursor appears. But after a few moments I get the '_________ has encountered an error and must close' window as it crashes to desktop. I've patched it, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried, pathed, tried. All haven't worked.

I'm running on a laptop with 3.02ghz, 512mb RAM, and a 128mb Nvidia go5700.

Try running it with everything set at there lowest possible settings....Graphics 640x480...disable movies....make "basically think" that it's being played in a safe mode. If it comes up & runs then you have a video issue & probably need to update your video drivers. If also the game starts at the lowest settings, then go back and start trning things on one by one until you get the error again. (Time consuming, but it will at least tell you whats causing your system to crash)

And sometimes, even for as annoying as those windows crash error messages can be.....Submit them, every once in a while they do come up with a culprit.

Make sure all of your motherboard drivers are current as well as your windows critical updates. People will ask, "What the h*ll does that have to do with anything?" But sometimes they can fix the largest of errors.

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |