autopatcher not working

At first I downloaded the 1a exe patch and I managed to install it. When I downloaded the 1b patch my suffering begun. I run the exe 1b patch and when it reches 97% I get a F*****G windows crush message. I reboot and try again. NOTHING. After several Intall - uninstall procedures I dicided to use the update function on the game launch menu. When the bloody download is complete the f*****g patching procedure doesn't start. It is as if the download never ended even though it sais "done downloading". Any advice or psychiatrist reccomendations are welcome. :(:huh::thumbsup:;)

I am also having a similar problem. The first patch went through just fine, then on the new patch, It says the download is complete, but doesn't start the patcher. The only thing you can do is hit the cancel button on the update screen, and then the file that is downloaded in the KOTOR2 temp folder, when unzipped has a .RTP file that cannot be run and is not recognized by the program finder.

If anyone has any help on what is wrong or what can be done that would be great.

P.S. also, the reason I'm asking about the new patch is because I just got a new computer that should run the game with no problems. But in certain areas of the game, the game runs very slowly, to the point where the screen rate jumps you ahead halfway down a hallway and the character won't respond when you try to move them. I was wondering if there was something I was missing as my comp should be running this game and making me coffee at the same time. Also, the game says that my drivers are out of date, but I have Catalyst 5.5 drivers installed and running.

AMD Athlon 64, 2.2GHz

ATI Radeon 9250, 256MB - updated drivers to Catalyst 5.5, and directX 9.0©

512MB RAM.

Thanks for any help :blink:

I finaly discovered how to do this right!!! When the download is complete disconnect from the Internet (provided you use dial-up like I do) and then it begins to install the bloody patch.

Deacon I hope you don't have broadband for this was the only solution I managed to uncover sofar. :wub::):huh:

I finaly discovered how to do this right!!! When the download is complete disconnect from the Internet (provided you use dial-up like I do) and then it begins to install the bloody patch.

Deacon I hope you don't have broadband for this was the only solution I managed to uncover sofar.  :geek:  :)  :huh:

Even if you are a broadband user...but I don't think this is where the problem lies for the auto updater to work....If you use cable or dsl, just disconnect the CAT 5 cable from your NIC port of your pc. Basically the same as hanging up a phone....Or you could disable the NIC under you device manager or network connections.

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |