The sleep poll!

draakh_kimera

On the note of sleeping, I've once been to the city with the highest suicide rate in Norway, it's located between a set of mountains causing almost perpeptual darkness.  :wub:

Which town was that then?

In some dark vally town in the area of Rjukan, can't remember its name, was some four years ago while in high school. ^_^

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I tend to have dreams (what I can remember anyway) that are extremely ridiculous, but for some reason, while I'm in my dream, they seem perfectly normal, its only when I wake that they strike me as ridiculous.

I usually go to bed at 2.00am and wake at 7.00am for work, not enough sleep I know but I am an extreme night person, and if I go any earlier without being really tired I can't sleep, plus the fact that I know I have to work as soon as I wake up so that may have a hand in not wanting to go to sleep.

Another thing that stikes me as odd is, if I memorize a time in my head that is important to me to wake up at, I usually wake at that time (or slightly before) as if a mental alarm goes in my head. Whether thats the in built biological clock I don't know but it seems strange.

And another thing, for all the technology we have today, it is still very much unknown why we have to sleep (which we do) Fair enough there are many theories and ideas (many very convincing) but nobody has actually ever proven irrevokably why we must do it in the first place, or what purpose it serves.

it is still very much unknown why we have to sleep (which we do) Fair enough there are many theories and ideas (many very convincing) but nobody has actually ever proven irrevokably why we must do it in the first place, or what purpose it serves.

The primary purpouse is to keep us from going insane and eventually die. The brain is simply constructed to disconnect from the senses and clear its memory buffer of crap at regular intervalls.

Mammals that dont sleep(some mice dont) tend to have very short life cycles, a week or two at the most.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

it is still very much unknown why we have to sleep (which we do) Fair enough there are many theories and ideas (many very convincing) but nobody has actually ever proven irrevokably why we must do it in the first place, or what purpose it serves.

The primary purpouse is to keep us from going insane and eventually die. The brain is simply constructed to disconnect from the senses and clear its memory buffer of crap at regular intervalls.

Mammals that dont sleep(some mice dont) tend to have very short life cycles, a week or two at the most.

I'm sorry "unknown" was a rather strong assumption, make that conjecture. :thumbsup: