leaving Nar-Shadda crashes my PC

Hi - I was getting occasional lockups using the 4.11 and 4.12 drivers (yep - ATI 9700 :p

til I tried the 4.2 atioglxx.dll trick and for a while I been playing stable and smooth which makes this doubly puzzling.

I finished most of Nar-Shaddaa and Im off to rescue my main character from Goto - the movie sequence of the Ebon Hawk taking off and flying into space plays then .... blank screen with sounds playing in the background. I CAD to exit the game and I can see my desktop but no taskbar and systray etc .. I have to reset my PC.

Ive retried this 6 times - I disabled movies in the swkotor.ini file which does bugger all btw - movies still play - and Im getting nowhere. This is the buggiest game Ive ever played - Warrior Kings was bad but nothing compared to this.

whatdyaknow ?

Ive finished Goto's yacht and exactly the same thing happens. I get the movie sequence of the Ebon Hawk flying off and the yacht being destroyed by fighters then blank screen and music but nowt happens- I wait and wait then CAD so see if Kotor2 is still running but its 'Not Responding'. Reboot and Reload and same thing happens.