Help! Crashing for no reason!

OK, I just installed KOTOR II, and upon starting the program up, it works fine up until reaching the Menu Screen just past the Title. At that point, the screen will freeze up, and nothing will respond. I've checked my hardware and software, and everything appears in the green. I've listed my system specs below. If somebody is capable of giving me some help, it would be much appreciated.

System Specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz

RAM: 1024 MB

HD: NTFS 211.15 GB Free

Video: ATI Radeon X800 XT 256 MB

Audio: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)

OpenGL: ATI Technologies Inc. 1.5.4334 WinXP Release

DirectX: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

Thanks.

OK, I just installed KOTOR II, and upon starting the program up, it works fine up until reaching the Menu Screen just past the Title. At that point, the screen will freeze up, and nothing will respond. I've checked my hardware and software, and everything appears in the green. I've listed my system specs below. If somebody is capable of giving me some help, it would be much appreciated.

System Specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz

RAM: 1024 MB

HD: NTFS 211.15 GB Free

Video: ATI Radeon X800 XT 256 MB

Audio: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)

OpenGL: ATI Technologies Inc. 1.5.4334 WinXP Release

DirectX: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

Thanks.

You have a problem that many people have. I can sympathize, I have it too. The people who have been posting on the message boards have figured out no solution for this problem. My advice: join the others and hope that the new patch will take care of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Happened to me too. In my case, using the 4.11 dll in the game directory solved this problem. Of course, I've yet to play one minute of the game, since now my computer freezes just after character creation, while loading.

I have to say, I am quite confident that this is a great game story-wise, but it is also incredibly buggy, which is a real shame (and which I blame on LucasArts).