Solution for ATI users(Poor frame rates)

Uninstall your current Video drivers as well as the deletion of the atixxogll.dll(may not be spelled right) that you may have added to your Kotor directory. Install cataylist drivers 3.9. Also make sure you disable "Soft Shadows" in the game or it will be unplayable(extremely slow) Game runs smooth for me now with graphics set to highest and grass, shadows enabled. Tried all other versions above 3.9 but always received lousy performance. Also, the gamma is fixed with 3.9(after movies, doesn't reset to default brightness) Im not sure how this works with anti-aliasing or antistropic since I never turn them on. Im only running a 1.2 gig thunderbird.

Edit:

Ok, just turned on anti-aliasing and antistropic to max settings 6x and 16x. The game still runs flawlessly with now slow downs. Can't beleive it runs so well on my 1.2 gig system and a radeon 9800 pro. The 3.9 drivers rule.

Hi,

Most have found the 4.11 drivers work the best.

I think if your going back to 3.9 you miss out on some options like "light bloom".

For future there is a sticky topic on ATI Cards where this should be.

Think yourself lucky you've got the game running at all :lol:

Cheers,

Yes, I have tried the 4.11's and the game ran terribly. Anytime I'd do a 180 to 360 degree turn of the camera while moving, the frame rates would drop considerably aswell as in battle. It was like playing in slow motion. I can assure you, when it comes to frame rates, the 3.9s are far superior. As for light bloom, I haven't noticed any difference in quality with 3.9. Infact, as I've stated, I can now run the game with anti-aliasing and antistropic turned on and set to max. Now you tell me what's the better one to go with? Also, a guy I jsut talked to said he swithed from the supposed

superior 4.11 to 3.9 and now kotor 2 runs perfectly smooth. Just have to remeber to turn off "soft shadows" You probably didn't do this so thats why it ran like crap. The game is unplayable with this enabled with the 3.9's. It' s playable with 4.11's when turned on though, but these drivers suck. Rather have it disabled on 3.9 and have the game run smooth.

My system

Asus A7V Mobo

AMD 1.2 Gig thunderbird

768 pc133 ram

radeon 9800 pro

7200 rpm 20gig western digital

Sound Blaster Live Value

12x DVD Drive

Yes, I have tried the 4.11's and the game ran terribly.  Anytime I'd do a 180 to 360 degree turn of the camera while moving, the frame rates would drop considerably aswell as in battle. It was like playing in slow motion.  I can assure you, when it comes to frame rates, the 3.9s are far superior.  As for light bloom, I haven't noticed any difference in quality with 3.9.  Infact, as I've stated, I can now run the game with anti-aliasing and antistropic turned on and set to max.  Now you tell me what's the better one to go with?  Also, a guy I jsut talked to said he swithed from the supposed

superior  4.11 to 3.9 and now kotor 2 runs perfectly smooth.  Just have to remeber to turn off "soft shadows"  You probably didn't do this so thats why it ran like crap.  The game is unplayable with this enabled with the 3.9's. It' s playable with 4.11's when turned on though, but these drivers suck.  Rather have it disabled on 3.9 and have the game run smooth.

My system

Asus A7V Mobo

AMD 1.2 Gig thunderbird

768 pc133 ram

radeon 9800 pro

7200 rpm 20gig western digital

Sound Blaster Live Value

12x DVD Drive

Every system is different, and so is the performance of drivers on different systems....

I tried the 3.9 drivers, and they sucked... I am now running the 4.11 drivers and the game runs perfect. I have all options enabled (including shadows etc) and I have no framerate drop at all. And the game looks much better also....