How do i edit my planetary location?

er1

I searched and found this method of changing what specific area of a planet you were on, but when if i tried to use it to completely change planets i CTD when i clicked on load :(

so what is teh proper way to do it?

(i need to transplant my ppl to another planet because i can't leave korriban for any other world without CTD on load).

u need an hexeditor for that. u need to edit savenfo.res in saves dir. Every location is a series of 3 numbers and 3 chars, for example the ebon hawk is 003EBO. u can find a list of these locations in the 'modules' dir. to change the location in the savegame just replace it by the location u want. Be careful though cuz tampering like this can really screw up ur game. It screwed up my game GOOD. I had crashes on dxun. but by changing the location, the game still crashes when u want enter the bugged area again, also in later stages of the game.

i tried that :rolleyes:

i tried to transplant the planet name + area code from another save file into my current (backed up) save. Kotor2 crashed when i clicked "load". After i deleted my hacked save it worked again =/

only change those 6 chars and be sure u don't change anything else like adding a space or something. it should work. i tried that several times.

401DXN crashes everytime i load it. i think there are some mission critical things that are done in that area after u save queen and jedimaster on onderon. After transport back from onderon to dxun, game crashes while loading. Skipping to another location works, but i can't get further in the story, so it means im ****ed again:/ gotta wait for patch, probably will take ages if they wanna fix everything that's wrong with this game.

only change those 6 chars and be sure u don't change anything else like adding a space or something. it should work. i tried that several times. 

401DXN crashes everytime i load it.  i think there are some mission critical things that are done in that area after u save queen and jedimaster on onderon. After transport back from onderon to dxun, game crashes while loading. Skipping to another location works, but i can't get further in the story, so it means im ****ed again:/  gotta wait for patch, probably will take ages if they wanna fix everything that's wrong with this game.

good im not the only one with this problem :thumbsup: