Crash to desktop @ autosave after 2nd Planet

er1

After leaving Telos (e.g. the academy) immediately after the long cutscenes and convos, the Handmaiden joins me. As soon as i click confirimation of her joining my party, the game auto saves and crashes to desktop when the bar is half full. This happens regardless of what graphics settings i have it at, and can be duplicated with 100% reliability. The auto save file is generated, and appears to be not corrupt (its almost the exact same size as the one i took just before i boarded ebon hawk), but if i try to load it crashes to desktop with about 1/4 of the bar done. I've had many crashes to desktops on loads before, but this is the first one that i reloading won't solve at all.

Please help, the game was just getting good and now i am stuffed :lol:

I run drivers version 67.66 (on recommendation from this forum), with 6800GT and winXP.

Btw, if worse comes to worse, does anyone have a save of a lightsided male guardian with good skill lvls (repair, persuade,) and ok wisdom?

Thanks in advance for any help

(i've never had so much trouble with a game before!)

I have started experiencing this problem. Often if a zone crashes upon loading, it crashes on every latter attempt.

So now, if I crash during load, I load the previous save, then try to change things around (equip different things, talk to people a little), then try it again. Sometimes something gets 'unstuck' and I can progress. At other times I am forced to retreat to an earlier save and play forward from there, hoping the same thing doesn't happen.

So I don't really have a good solution, other than 'switch stuff around, try it again'. Oh, and as one of the game's loading comments funnily enough recommends; 'save often and in different slots'.