Black Sceen after Hidden Jedi Base

Hi all,

Enjoying the game so far but I seem to have hit a problem :( When I enter the Ebon Hawk after the Hidden Jedi Base it runs the movie cut scene and then loads the Ebon hawk level but I only get a black screen? The game is still running and I can look at my stats etc... but I can't see anything on the screen? Its like the map don't exist or something although it is still running.

If I save the game at this point and re-load it it hangs the loading bar at about half way :(:(

Specs below

P4 - 2.6

BFG Geforce 6800 Ultra 256

1Gb Geil Memory

Asus Motherboard

Im running the lastest Nvidia Drivers as well as the latest DirectX (9c)

Whats going on? Great game when it works but I can continue on :(

The XBox version of the game had this same problem at a certain point.

The reason for that was because of copy protection and media timings (getting stuff off the DVD) to thwart modded Xboxes.

It may be a case of that happening here.

I am not accusing you, or anyone else who has this problem of not having a legit copy.

HOWEVER... If Obsidian kept in the media-timing commands (that verify if you do have the KOTOR 2 play disc in the drive) then this might be why people are getting these BSODs (Black Screen of Death) and possibly even CTD (Crash to Desktops).

Developers should know by now that media timed events (that require pulling scripts or validating events from a CD/DVD) is the worse kind of "protection" because of percisely what is going on now. It prevents legit players from enjoying the game, ironically. Especially, given the inordinate amount of system configs and DVD-ROM/CD-RW/DVD-R players that people have installed.