I need some help deciding on video card issue.

Ok, I am unable to play KoTOR II because my computer doesn't have an add on slot (can't remember the name of it). So, I can ethier buy a Radeon 9100 for now or buy a motherboard with those add on slots (ADP slots...?). I just wanted to know what you guys think... And, if you don't mind helping, what would be a good motherboard and video card combo to play the game at a high setting along with the average price for them.

Thanks.

Ok, I am unable to play KoTOR II because my computer doesn't have an add on slot (can't remember the name of it). So, I can ethier buy a Radeon 9100 for now or buy a motherboard with those add on slots (ADP slots...?). I just wanted to know what you guys think... And, if you don't mind helping, what would be a good motherboard and video card combo to play the game at a high setting along with the average price for them.

Thanks.

An AGP slot is what you are referring to. I believe a Dimension 2400 has an Intel Celeron processor. It's not a bad processors it's just not meant for gaming. It's more of an entry level system but a 1.3 GHz Celeron or above should be able to run KotOR 2 just fine.

I wouldn't really reccomend purchasing a Radeon 9100. A) It's already obsolete

B) It will offer a decent improvement in performace but there are better cards out there

If you don't want to buy a new system, I'd grab either a 9800Pro or a 6600GT. Both are pretty good cards and can run most games with a decent level of eye candy. You can purchase good Intel boards from Asus. In my opinion, they have the best motherboards in the world.

If you are interested in buying a new Computer, I would reccomend an Athlon64 system. My specs would be something like :

AMD 3000+ - 3500+ (If you don't want to spend too much)

For higher end users, grab 3700+ - 4000+

If you want something even better, get an FX-53 or Fx-55 (be warned the price for the CPU is $1000)

1GB - 2GB of DDR 400 RAM

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

80GB - 200GB Serial ATA Drive (depending on your needs)

1 nVidia GeForce 6800 or 6800 GT

I would reccomend purchasing one 6800 GT now even though you can grab two. The reason is when the next series of cards comes out, you can grab another 6800 GT and it will offer a nice improvement in performance as opposed to blowing $450 and getting another card right now. Besides, a 6800 GT can run anything out there on max settings easily.

EDIT :

You can grab a 6600GT for around $200 at most computer stores.